1.20.2010

The trouble with moving on.

I've been thinking about why it is so difficult to move on at times. For me, It has to do with pouring a bit of your soul into someone.  You merge with them for a period of time (literal and metaphorical sense). When they leave for whatever reason, that part of you goes with them. You loose someone you used to do things with, someone who you shared things with, someone who used to spend so much time with. A large chunk of yourself, is lost in the process.

The issue with moving on, is that you have to voluntarily accept the loss of all those good things that you shared and put in. In the past, I've been a champion for the idea that you hold those memories with you, and that although you're now apart, you carry those with you everywhere.  The problem that I now take with that idea, is that while it is true, you loose having a partner to celebrate those memories with. Which still, does indeed suck.

I'm trying to get there though, it isn't something I can avoid or get around....I'm just not sure how to get through it....honestly,  and without convincing myself of things that probably aren't true.

I'm trying to maintain my sobriety on a different topic, which..isn't going so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment