1.18.2010

Thinking positively

I have some wonderful friends, but many times I feel we are in different places. Boxes almost, in which they have their experiences, and I have mine. In trying to explain my situation, they fail to grasp the differences between said boxes, and believe that by advising me to think positively, my world will somehow be better.

While that surely would help, it isn't a cure all.

trying to smoothen things over between some people reopened some wounds I thought were closed. Not that I was surprised, it is entirely logical and expected, but knowing what is going on, and then hearing/seeing it illustrated and verified is something else.

I wrote recently on feeling stagnant again, which is never good. I love the friends I've made here, but at the same time, it feels like I need to move on. The people coming into my life do not share my interest, and aside from a drive to educate them about trans issues, there isn't much in common I share with them. We can enjoy each other's company, but deep conversations are not what these people are discussing. I'm struggling to find suitable peers, and I fear I may never do so. As this blog illustrates, being alone is not exactly a favorable feeling for anyone, let alone a trans-woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment