11.04.2008

On the election

Well I am quite happy with the turnout, This is the first in a long step towards equal rights for us trans folk, and the further back into the recesses of those old church pews the Neo-Conservatives are pushed the better my life becomes.

This was a pivotal moment for us, the younger generation, to show that we do have a voice, and that if you listen to us, you can gain our support. I think that future elections will have to at least address our causes and concerns as time goes on. There was a big risk of the youth vote not turning out, and perhaps loosing a political voice for the next two decades at least. They did however, show up, and in record numbers. I am quite  proud of the younger generation, and I feel this is a great moment in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment