9.17.2008

Painting by numbers, A note on depression.

Depression isn't being sad, and it isn't emotional. It is more a neutral, than anything else. Where as a normal person may have ups and downs, depression is more just a slow wave of apathy and sullen melancholy that encompasses your entire being.

I was recently offered the option of being on medication for my depression. I'm not sure that is something I want to do. I don't really care to much for the idea of altering my brain chemistry. As strange and demented as it is, it is familiar, and stable. Yes I have my lows, but I know them, and at this point I think stability is more important than a pill to take to level me out so to speak. No, at this point depression medication seems a temporary solution to a more pressing concern, and I think treating the the disease is more important than the symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment