9.22.2008

News: Rants & Raves

Found some good articles online today, good reads:

The Crude oil Illusion - 500 dollar oil not far out. & How we became the United States of France

Both are from trusted sources, CNN and TIME are usually pretty bi-partisan. Regardless, both are lengthy reads but very good. Similar to a lot of the rants that I've been making to others around here, but you know, no one listens to me.

That said, I think I'm about done with politics, I'm just to tired of the competitive bash-a-thon "debates" that take place between misinformed zealots who can't approach a concept with an open mind, or separate themselves from their beliefs.

Anyways, I've got a lot to do in the next week, at least two more tests, one assigment, one essay, and an ungodly amount of reading to prepare for said test. *sigh* a womans work is never done.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous22.9.08

    lol

    WIll you watch the debates though?

    To continue your metaphor on women's work, this point of exhaustion in the election process is like when delivering a baby -- it's only one or two pushes from being born and they mother is DONE, wants to stop.

    I remind myself I gotta hang with the last push here -- at least watching the debates, especially the VP's (I'm not sure I can stand to listen to Pailin thru her whole thing but I'm gonna try to force myself) and then I will VOTE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may watch the debates, although at this point, it is a bit moot. There was/is no way I could ever vote Republican with a clear conscience.

    ReplyDelete