5.26.2015

Preempting a fight

So, I don't like surprising people with conversations. Likewise, if I know there's potential for an awkward conversation, I'll bring it up ahead of time to avoid that, and avoid any awkward complications.

In this case, it was the closing out of long overdue emotional balance. Meaning, removing all traces of my ex from my apartment. She's had her stuff here for months, and it's time to go. The awkwardness came in the chest beating and silly childish shit in arranging times. I wanted to bring up the fact that I had moved on, and that it wasn't a big deal to see her, for me. Which, in my mind, felt nonthreatening and matter of fact. I even said as much. However I got nothing in response but pissed off chest beating about how it wasn't about me.

Uhh, great kid, you work on those anger issues. Enjoy your life. I've bigger fish to fry than a Napoleon complex right now.

But what annoys me, is the hypocritical nature of the emotional manipulation towards the end of the conversation. In my attempts to be civil I said she'd get her stuff, and we'd not have to communicate anymore. To which I get a frowny face.

No, you don't get to claim that talking to me pisses you off, and then put up a sad face at the same idea of not talking to me. You don't get it both ways. You can be friend, or you can not. I left that door open, to which I was told it wasn't about me. Somewhere along the ways people started confusing openness with desire. Truly, do what you want, if you want it to involve me, you have to let me know, you can't purposefully drive me away, and then post a sad face when I'm gone. That dog don't hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment