9.12.2010

Fish bowl

I'm beginning to feel a bit small in my fish bowl. These past few days I've just gotten an overwhelming sensation of boredom, staleness, and tediousness. I've grown tired of this small town, it's big neighbors, and this entire state. I'm ready to move and make a big change, I'm ready to be in a new location and to have a new start of everything. There is a very great desire for something new in my life experience.

I had originally blamed it on my lack of a relationship, but the more I thought it over, the less it seemed like a simple loneliness issue, and the more it seemed like a expiration of my tolerance of this place. The repetition of the yearly events has wained in interest, and I find myself not caring about things I used to enjoy. It isn't that they aren't fun, but simply they hold not interest to me anymore.

The downside of this being that this is something I have to do on my own, and, I'm not sure if I can.

2 comments:

  1. Lady Purrspectiv16.9.10

    Oh but the upside of this is it's natural. It's where the phrase Been There, Done That came from. You are not alone in these emotions -- many many people have felt them (otherwise there wouldn't be a phrase for it)... And it means you are GROWING. That is so VERY fucking AWESOME.

    You stayed in college longer to do another degree (not to mention that you did it straight after graduation, with no break, which would make you tired and bored, even if none of the other issues you mention were going on in your life). It'd be something to be worried about you if you, a few years older than when most leave college, weren't itching to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that is also true, I'm just fearful of the post graduation journey, and not having a plan as set in stone as I would like.

    ReplyDelete