10.13.2008

Graduation

So whats new in the life of //Amelia? Well, I'm glad you asked. *ahem* To begin with, I've got my first electrolysis appointment this week. Which should be interesting, I've gotten a tattoo before, so I'm pretty sure i know what it is going to feel like, but I am still anxious. I don't care what trends may come, facial hair on women is never going to be in style.

Speaking of tattoos, in the chat rooms someone said that you can't show up someplace classy with a back tattoo in a backless gown. Which made me a bit self conscious about mine. While I show it off when I feel it appropriate, and I love it, it does make me hesitate to show it off at say a fancy formal event...though I suppose at this point in time that is the last of my worries.

In other news, I got my graduation announcements...part of it is missing however, so I am going to wait to see if it turns up and if not...either reorder it or call some people. Nothing is ever easy, of course I didn't get a invoice with my order, just a packing slip, joy. Also, I suppose the big news, is that I was accepted into Graduate School. Registration is next week, so great, more things to do in October HA. I hope the rest of my life isn't this stressful. I talked to a friend of m mine who is also in grad school, and she impressed upon me to get a masters in the field that interests me, and while I do like business, it may not be the best choice for me. Though, at this point I think it is a bit to little to late (I'd have to reapply and so on), but I will check out some of the other programs. My next choice would probably be psychology.

Which brings us to a new subject, my brothers, be them blood or non. Starting with the biological one, I went up to Austin yesterday to celebrate his birthday, gave him a card and a gift certificate etc etc. Was generally pleasant, and was repaid with snide comments for no apparent reason than to be an ass. I can forgive being an ass if say, he worked hard, or somehow justified it in his actions, but he doesn't. He is a 26 year old spoiled brat who boast of his own self interest and gluttony.
    And the other? Well, I recently became aware of just how well Tony and I get along, we share most of the same interest, and even act pretty similar. Tony calls us the odd couple since we are so different in traits, yet so similar in personality. So in a way I refer to him as the brother I never should have had. Which I am very appreciative of.

So, what is left to rant on about? Well lastly, I died my hair back red again, I really enjoy the color as I feel it is Amelia's color rather than my natural one. It makes me feel more like myself, rather than who everyone thinks I am. I'm still working on my brows and getting my voice and makeup routine down, but things are always a work in progress. Seems I never have the time of day, but that is something I'm quickly realizing I never will have enough of.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous14.10.08

    A quick word of advice about brows -- lol -- DON"T OVERPLUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing worse in my book, not that my book is all that. It's just... mine.

    But I see women looking terribly cheap, and Trans looking not natural by this little mistake. They do grow back, but some don't. In the mean time, powder and well blended pencil can fill in for mistakes. :-)


    You could go to get them professionally waxed... or get them threaded. Just ask for subtle what works with your eyes, not the drag style or man-scaping (that's just a way strip ripped from the center and then it looks like they are unnaturally wide apart). If going this route, go to someone GOOD at a good salon, or for threading, often someone with the ethnicity of the origin of that art (Indian I think) would possibly be a good bet!

    ReplyDelete