1.05.2011

On Stranger Tides

It has almost been a week since I've moved back home with my mother. I can't say the experience was exactly pleasant, but it seems to have reached a ..tenuous understanding so far. Though I'm sure there will be more heated arguments as time goes on. I feel a bit strange actually, and I think it may be due to my near continuous stream of escapism up here. It isn't a depression or anything, I feel remarkably agreeable, but it also feels somewhat shallow at the moment. I also find myself longing for warmer weather, which...is somewhat the antithesis of my opinion only a week or so ago (regardless of the actual temperature). I'm not quite sure what it is just yet, but I know there is definitely a limitation of my emotional state at the moment.

One hypothesis is that under the relative supervision of a biological parent and step parent I've reclused into a shell existence that only functions emotionally in limited quantities. This would explain the rather pleasant nature. Although it could also be that the period of adjustment to being single again has faded. Though, it is entirely possible that it only seems that the loneliness has abated due to the clipping of my emotional extremes. Regardless, I'm using this period to try and find a position up in Seattle as quickly as possible, while not burning myself out. I'm being careful not to spend my emotional resources too quickly in spending every waking hour looking for positions. Still, my urge to leave this place grows daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment